ALICE clips vs. Tactical Tailor Malice Clips:
- Four pouch, holds four Garand en bloc clips, one per pouch
- 10" W x 4" H
- Pouch flaps are made of double-thickness 2" webbing for durability
- Pouch flaps are held closed by mil-spec 'hard action' round snaps
- Rear panel is double-thickness 1000d Cordura for durability
- I put an extra piece of 1000d Cordura behind the snap stud (on the pouch itself) to prevent it pulling through
- You have a choice of either ALICE clips or Tactical Tailor Malice Clips
- All materials are Made In The USA
- All Olongapo Outfitters gear is Made In The USA--by me!
You can order the Garand Belt Pouch with ALICE clips. These are the old USGI clips that hold pouches to LBE (load bearing equipment) and can be used on your regular belt, too.
Or you can order your Garand Belt Pouch with Tactical Tailor Malice Clips:
To remove the ALICE clips from your belt, you just pull up the rear metal piece. To remove/open the Malice clip, you have to lift up the tab with a screwdriver or knife.
The Malice clips are VERY secure because of this locking feature. When I was in the Marine Corps we had LBE with ALICE clips, and we would tape down the ALICE clips so they wouldn't accidentally pull open. There's no chance of that with the Malice clips. Tactical Tailor Malice Clips can also be used with the 2 1/2" wide pistol belts. That is what that second hole is for.
You can remove the pouch with ALICE clips without having to remove your belt; but you'll have to remove your belt to attach or take off the pouch with Malice clips (your belt will slide through the loop made by the Malice clips).
One thing that the Malice clips can do that is next to impossible with the ALICE clips: you can attach your belt pouch to a MOLLE/PALS system:
By weaving the Malice Clip through the webbing on a MOLLE pouch or panel, your Garand Belt Pouch will be very secure.
Overall, the Malice clip can do everything the ALICE clip can do, plus works on MOLLE. Tactical Tailor Malice Clips have been used in Iraq and Afghanistan and have worked extremely well in combat conditions. However, I know there are Old School people who want their ALICE clips, so I have those available if you want them.